Master of Integrative Healthcare Leadership – MIHL (Online)
The goal of the Master of Integrative Healthcare Leadership program is to train you to be a healthcare and wellness administrator.
Your Future Career
The field of wellness is growing at a rapid place. Aside from wellness centers, many hospitals and companies now have wellness programs that promote a healthy living for their employees and patients. Many of these wellness facilities require individuals with adequate wellness knowledge to oversee their wellness programs. With many of these programs offering acupuncture and herbal medicine as part of their wellness programs, it would be advantageous for you to understand how acupuncture and herbal medicine fits into the wellness programs. Most healthcare administration and wellness programs in the country do not have an acupuncture component. Consequently, choosing the right school is crucial in dictating your future success. Our college’s philosophy is to provide you with both wellness and basic Oriental medicine knowledge so that you have the greatest chance of success.
Our Strong Program to Improve Your Success
Our college’s success and worldwide reputation is based on several factors:
- Our clinics have seen over 135,385 patients since 2005, giving you a tremendous amount of experience while you oversee these programs.
- Our 6 sister schools, which are top universities in China and Taiwan, have a fully integrative healthcare system as they combine Western medicine, acupuncture, nutrition, exercise and wellness programs. Our sister school like China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences and home to Nobel Prize Winner Tu Yu Yu provides great support and knowledge exchange.
- Our collaboration with one of the top hospital systems in the country for over 10 years, the Houston Methodist Hospital Healthcare System, has allowed us to successfully develop successful patient treatment protocols so that you learn how various cases integrate Eastern and Western modalities.
- Our patient charting and pain protocol, which you will familiarize, is the only of its kind to have ever been accredited by the American Academy of Pain Management.
- Our connections with other universities worldwide allows us to continuously improve our curriculum so that you are learning from the best universities and minds in the world. This was shown in our college hosting the 2014 World Federation of Acupuncture & Moxibustion Societies, which attracted 906 professionals from 36 countries. Our students were able to choose from 200 different abstracts to attend.
- Our institution is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You will have the peace of mind that your degree is recognized.
Overview of the Program
The college’s Master of Integrative Healthcare Leadership program is one of the few institutions in the nation to have regional accreditation. Our college’s program is one of the few to include acupuncture and Oriental medicine into a healthcare administration degree.
Once enrolled in the program, you will participate in didactic courses that is fully online. Much of the college’s knowledge and experience comes from its collaboration with Houston Methodist Hospital Wellness Services, which ACAOM has been working together since 2005, and our 6 sister schools in Asia.
Once you graduate, you will have completed courses in acupuncture, wellness, and healthcare management.
Length of the Program and Schedule
You will be able to complete the 36 credit degree program in 3 semesters. If you already have an Oriental medicine background, you will be able to transfer many of the credits. All courses are online.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition is $569 per credit. Based on 3 semester completion, together with estimated fees the total tuition for the entire program is about $21,234. If you already have a Master’s degree in Oriental medicine, the tuition is expected to be less. ACAOM alumni receive discounted rate. Once an advisor determines the amount of credits that will be transferable, they will be able to inform you of your tuition. Federal financial aid is available along with payment plans. Students who apply early will also qualify for institutional scholarships. Scholarships will be based on both first come first serve basis on completed applications as well as merit. If you are interested in receiving scholarships, please begin your application by clicking APPLY.
Spring 2017 classes begin on January 11, 2017.
Summer 2017 Early Application Deadline (qualify for scholarships) – March 14, 2017
Summer 2017 Application Deadline – April 13, 2017
Summer 2017 Classes begin on May 10, 2017
Request More Information
Fill out the “Request Info” form if you would like to receive the following:
- degree plan
- course descriptions
- listing of our world renown faculty
- sample schedule
- sitting in a class
- getting a catalog emailed
- getting your transcript evaluated for potential transfer credits
- getting more information about financial aid