Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (DAOM)
The goal of the Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine program is to upgrade your Master’s degree in Oriental medicine and give you extensive knowledge in the classics of acupuncture and Oriental medicine and gynecology.
Your Future Career
Whether you want to specialize in Chinese medical gynecology or just upgrade your Masters, choosing the right school is crucial in dictating your future success. Our college’s philosophy is to provide you with the most thorough curriculum as possible so that you have the greatest chance of success.
Our Strong Program to Improve Your Success
Our college’s success and worldwide reputation is based on several factors:
- Our institution is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You will have the peace of mind that your degree is recognized.
- Our 6 sister schools, which are top universities in China and Taiwan, will give you more access to best practices, which will further help you gain advanced techniques and ways that other countries treat patients.
- Our collaboration with one of the top hospital systems in the country for over 10 years, the Houston Methodist Hospital Healthcare System, has allowed us to successfully develop successful patient treatment protocols so that you learn how various cases integrate Eastern and Western modalities.
- Our patient charting and pain protocol, which you learn, is the only of its kind to have ever been accredited by the American Academy of Pain Management.
- Our connections with other universities worldwide allows us to continuously improve our curriculum so that you are learning from the best universities and minds in the world. This was shown in our college hosting the 2014 World Federation of Acupuncture & Moxibustion Societies, which attracted 906 professionals from 36 countries. Our students were able to choose from 200 different abstracts to attend.
Many of our graduates have opened their own practice, begun working in hospitals and wellness centers, and are involved in research. We also offer the opportunity for recent graduates to apply into our college professional clinic. This will allow you to start seeing patients and building your practice without incurring any overhead costs.
Overview of the Program
Courses will begin with the introduction and analysis of the ancient classics related to Oriental medicine as well as gynecology. In addition, you will also participate in clinical rotations and clinical internships. You will also engage in research and dissertation.
Much of the college’s knowledge and experience comes from it’s collaboration with Houston Methodist Hospital and the college’s sister school collaborations with 6 top universities in Asia. With continuous knowledge exchange between faculty from Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, and other traditional Chinese medical universities, the college has been able to find a balance between traditional Chinese and modern integrative medicine.
Once you graduate, you will have completed courses in acupuncture, herbal medicine, research methodology, and specialized training in acupuncture and herbal medicine as it relates to gynecology.
Length of the Program and Schedule
You will be expected to complete the 60 credit degree program in 6 semesters. Courses are modular and offered one weekend per month, so you will be able to fly in one Thursday night per month and fly out Sunday night.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition is $518 per credit. Together with estimated fees, the total tuition for the entire program is about $31,980 ($15,990 per year). ACAOM alumni receive discounted rate of $414 per credit ($12,870 per year). Federal financial aid is available along with payment plans. Students who apply early will also qualify for institutional scholarships. Scholarships will be based on both first come first serve basis on completed applications as well as merit. If you are interested in receiving scholarships, please begin your application by clicking APPLY.
Fall 2017 Early Application Deadline (Qualify for Scholarships) – July 11, 2017
Fall 2017 Application Deadline – August 8, 2017
- Scholarship and Admissions Deadlines
- Viewbook: an introduction of our school at a glance
- Fact Sheet: program information at a glance
- Catalog: course description and faculty biography
- DAOM Program Brochure
- DAOM Schedule
- Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions
- Email [email protected] to get your transcript evaluated for potential transfer credits
- Call 713.780.9777 to schedule a campus tour, observe a class, speak to one of our students or faculty
- Call 713.780.9786 to try out a treatment at our clinic
- APPLY NOW